Subject: Hospital Passports
We are working with others to review Hospital and Health Passports in Somerset.
A Hospital Passport is a resource for people with additional support needs who might need hospital treatment. The passport is designed to help people to communicate their needs to doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Please could you share this survey with anyone that you work with who might have an additional need of any age. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QS5C8TP
It shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to complete and it will really help us with this work going forwards. The deadline for completing the survey is Friday 24th May at 12pm.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Engagement and Participation Officer
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Taunton TA1 4DY
Office : 01823 359868 Mobile: 07469 413359
Subject: AGE UK Somerset Flexercise
Do you have an interest in enhancing the lifestyle of older people? Would you like to attend a WORKSHOP that will provide the information you need to lead a chair-based FLEXERCISE activity session?
These workshops are open to carers from nursing & residential homes, volunteers, helpers in care centres & officers or “active” residents from sheltered homes. Please feel free to display the attached posters.
Sainsbury Community Hall, Minehead TA24 8JZ
13th June 2019
9.30am – 1.30pm
Cost – £15.00
South Petherton Community Hospital, Bernard Way, South Petherton TA13 5EF
2nd July 2019
9.30am – 1.30pm
Cost – £15.00
For further information, please contact:-
Ageing Well Manager
Age UK Somerset
Cook Way, Bindon Road
Somerset TA2 6BJ
01823 345626 / 07702 688333
Subject: Somerset Intelligence Newsletter for May 2019
The latest edition of SINePost is now available on the Somerset Intelligence website:
The SINePost e-newsletter is produced each month by the Somerset Intelligence team at SCC as part of its role in collating, analysing and disseminating data and research. It draws attention to the latest facts, figures, reports and analysis on Somerset. Links are provided to source material should you wish to find out more.
Included this month:-
- Active Lives Survey: Results from Sport England’s latest survey indicate that 60.5% of adults in Somerset are meeting the Chief Medical Officer’s guidelines for doing 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity a week (compared to 62.6% nationally).
- Health Projections: The number of people aged 75 or over with a long-term health problem or disability in Somerset is projected to increase from 38,400 in 2019 to 61,200 in 2035, according to latest projections from the Institute of Public Care.
- Teenage Pregnancy: Numbers of conceptions to women aged under 18 in Somerset have declined for the tenth successive year, according to the Office for National Statistics.
- Vehicle Licensing statistics: The Department for Transport report that there were 406,000 licensed vehicles in Somerset at the end of 2018, an increase of 6,000 vehicles on the previous year’s total.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact me.
Customers and Communities
Somerset County Council
Taunton, TA1 4DY
Subject: HPC Community Fund
Somerset Community Foundation, HPC Community Fund and Sedgemoor District Council, are jointly hosting an event to support groups and organisations to raise awareness of the HPC Community fund and to look in particular at the evidence requirements that groups will need to provide.
- The HPC Community fund and the opportunities that exist to bid for funding:
- Small grants
- Open grants
- Examples of successful bids
- What evidence will you need to make a bid
- What is currently available – presentation from Somerset Intelligence Partnership
- Understanding how other successful bidders have obtained the necessary evidence
- Workshop session
- Issues and concerns about gathering evidence
- What support would be needed
- An agenda is attached for information.
Date: Tuesday 11th June 2019
Time: 10am start, finishing at 1pm with a light lunch
Location: Canalside, Marsh Lane, Bridgwater, TA6 6LQ
Interested in attending, please register a place, open the link below.
If you have problems with the link or registering, please email, email@example.com to reserve a place.
Corporate Equalities Team
Somerset County Council
Subject: Help the Care Quality Commission (CQC) work better with local groups
The CQC want you to be involved in creating guidance on how they should work with local voluntary and community sector organisations. Please fill in this questionnaire and share with other groups to help them find out your views on how they can work with you. Take the questionnaire by clicking this link: Help CQC work better with local groups.
The survey closes 31 May 2019.
Subject: Community Is The Best Medicine!
The King’s Fund has a call out for submissions to a conference on “community is the best medicine”. The aim of this event is to explore the role of communities in health and care. We will bring together health and care professionals, community organisations, innovators, commissioners, researchers and policy makers interested in how to create sustainable, community-based health and care.
This event will provide an opportunity to showcase projects that are innovative, scalable and have evidence of impact on the health and wellbeing of the communities they serve. These projects could include things like asset-based community development, social prescribing, volunteering and other community-based approaches. Please click on this link for more information: https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/events/community-best-medicine-london-event#present-your-work